Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday's Meditation

Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence Him. With them alone He shares the secrets of His promises.
- Psalm 25:14 (LB)
Not that I was trying to add one more of those themed days-of-the-week features that commits me to even more computer time, but this is going to be a short one (I think).

I have been meditating lately on some of the character qualities of God, and find it has been a great way to bring truth, perspective, humility, and joy to my daily life. I am reminded again and again that I am so glad to be His child.

I thought I would post each week one aspect of who God is along with a scripture. But for this week, I am meditating on what God is not. He is not going to remain hidden or invisible to us forever. He is going to come again in power and destroy the idea that He is small, far away, or unconcerned with us.

And the glory of the LORD will be revealed and all mankind together will see it.
Isaiah 40:5

No comments: