Monday, March 23, 2009

March 23, 2008

One year ago today, I was stuffed into a crowded corner of an airplane headed across the Pacific Ocean. I was trying without success to get some sleep, my mind racing with thoughts and questions of how drastically life was about to change.

One year ago today, my youngest son was involved in the predictable daily routine of orphanage life. He had absolutely no idea that his Mommy and Daddy were on their way, and that life was about to be changed forever.

Immersed in the ordinary, he had no sense of expectancy.

But of course God, who saw clearly into the next year of Joshua being embraced by a loving family and gaining a new sense of belonging, was whispering over him: I am about to turn a page in your life. You can't even imagine the great things I have just ahead for you!

Recently, I was challenged to live with more of a sense of expectancy before God, and that has given me a lot to think about.

Am I so weighed down with the ordinary, so focused on myself and the little things I want, that I am not able to see the great things God is doing all around me and wants to do in me?

I thought about this on a recent night while I was laying down with Joshua at bedtime. I thought back over the journey God has taken him on so far and, amazing though it is, I suspect it's only just begun.

This same God, who had great things ahead for him while he was still in the orphanage, is certainly not finished with him now.

Or with any of us for that matter.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.
-1 Corinthians 2:9

3 comments:

Poppa said...

Angie, God is using you in a very powerful and awesome way, just with your blog. I pray for you everyday, that you will continue to exercise the Gift that God has given you.

Poppa said...

I just want to add to that last comment, that God has given you many gifts, Angie, not just the gift of writing.

debby94 said...

LOVE this post!