Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!


This is my beloved, and this is my friend. - Song of Songs 5:16
It was 10 years ago today that we said our vows and danced under the stars at our wedding. And this makes me think: How could we possibly be this old?

Yes, we have officially been married long enough that our wedding pictures are out of style. We look at them now and say things like, "Look at my hair!" and "Look, I had hair!"

But the truth is it has been a great journey with a great man and a few crazy kids thrown in the mix to keep it interesting.

We let them celebrate with us this morning by having donuts for breakfast (Oh, the joy!). I think half the town, from the grocery checker to the swimming lessons instructor has heard the news of our decadent indulgence: "We get to have donuts for breakfast because Mommy and Daddy have been married ten years!"

Longevity has its rewards : )

No comments: