Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jesus Underwear

A couple of weeks ago, I took Caleb shopping with me to Target. I told him he could pick out some new underwear, and when we got to the little boys underwear, he was super-excited about all of the choices.

"Mommy, dey have Batman underwear!" he exclaimed.

"Mm-hmm," I was only half paying attention, because I was looking at underwear for Grace while he made his decision.

"And, Mommy, dey have Superman underwear!" he was almost beside himself with all the exciting choices. "And dey have Sponge Bob underwear, and dey have Jesus underwear!"

Jesus underwear? Now he had my attention.

"Where's Jesus?" I asked.

"Right here." He pointed to Pirates of the Carribean underwear. Apparently this is the image my son has in his head when he thinks of Jesus:




"Is that what you think Jesus looks like?" I wanted to know.

"Yeah," he said.

Well at least we don't have to worry about him having the idea that Jesus is boring. Incidentally, though, Batman won out over "Jesus."

No comments: