Monday, April 27, 2009

Another Monday

The build-up of weekend clutter that never got picked up greeted me when I woke up this morning, along with a sick child, eight loads of laundry(which I have yet to get to), and the realization that it was past time to do some grocery shopping.

Oh, and one of my children was tested for the swine flu this morning.

(It was negative in case you were considering severing all contact with us.)

And I discovered yet again that the best way to get a fever-ridden, miserable child on the road to a quick recovery is to break down and go through the hassle of a doctor's appointment and shell out the money for the copay. Almost immediately, they start feeling better.

Back home, I tried to coax my kids back into the routine of the week, though I think it was me who was most resisting it.

As I refereed sibling arguments and dealt with a very testy two-year-old, I searched for a glimpse of the sacred amidst the mundane, and this is what I came up with:

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
(Galatians 6:9)

And this:
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
(Philippians 4:4)

No comments: